Monday, April 1, 2013

Unit 3 Test -- Asia ... on Friday April 5, 2013!

It's going to be ~189 points of brain-wracking fun!  It's all multiple choice, except for the part that isn't multiple choice!  Yes, there will be matching!  Yes, it will include 1 map!  Yes, there will be another cartoon analysis (see below).  Yes, there will be tears of joy and tears of sadness in the room!  No, it will not be the last test you ever take in this class . . . but we're getting closer!
  • You might be asking yourself, "what should I study for this test?"  Might I suggest, "start with the study guide?"  (It's on the back of your Unit Calendar . . . in case you forgot . . . .) 
  • You might also be asking yourself, "what will the non-multiple choice portion entail?"  Would you believe me if I told you that I was hoping you would evaluate China's changes since the death of Mao (in a short answer format)?
  • Finally, you might also be asking yourself, "why should I care about this test . . . I'm on my way out these days, and I've got a bad case of 'itis?"  Good point . . . but might I remind you that we are going "college-style" . . . this test will be one of a handful of grades in 4th quarter and will affect your quarter grade greatly . . . if that doesn't convince you to study a little because your case of 'itis is really bad, let me remind you that in order to be avoiding the Final Exam (Seniors only :), you have to complete all work in the 4th Quarter "to the satisfaction of the teacher" . . . "to the satisfaction of (this) teacher" means 60% or better on all assignments in the 4th Quarter, including tests!
Classtools.net Link 

Good luck, be safe out there, and make good choices!

Mr. H.

Cartoon for your test -- study it (from 2010...USA, Japan, and China) . . . what inferences can you draw from the cartoonist's point of view?

No comments: